Immune System Disorder in Aging People and their Caring
The immune system and its proper functioning of the human body create a defense system for preventing the diseases and germs from the development of infections and inflammation in the body. The impairment of the immune system means that the body will be more vulnerable to contact serious diseases such as the emergence of allergic reactions, lassitude, bacterial infections, slow rate of healing of wounds, cuts etc. With ageing, the efficiency of the immune system is gradually reduced significantly in many ways. The person extending elderly care to such patients should be cautious of these matters and mend way for requisite measures to take proper note of the well-being of the person.
Diseases like influenza and pneumonia are among the severe causes leading to death in people aged over 65 years. Here are some changes in the immune system that you will find in the senior members of the house as they approach their 60s.
- Inability of the immune system to detect foreign antibodies in the body and emergence of autoimmune disorders
- Destruction of antigens due to macrophages
- Inability of the T cells to respond quickly to the antigens
- Low white blood cell count and less responsiveness to new antigens
- Reduced production of antibodies to fight the antigens entering through various sources
If your parent or grandparent is suffering from low immunity level, then extra caring and rigorous hygiene is extremely important for the proper health of the individual. Theassisted care services are helpful for the family members of these patients to ensure that they can maintain the necessary provisions and look after the person properly.
Here are some herbal remedies that can be very beneficial for treating immunity disorders at home:
- Add garlic to the regular diet of the elderly people that helps to combat over 30 vital antigens that usually enter the body everyday through different sources.
- Echinacea herbal extracts are important for improving the functioning of the lymph.
- The goldenseal perennial herb can be given to these patients to detoxification and strengthening the immune system.
- Include food items like pearl barley, chlorella, giant red kelp and other vitamin C rich vegetables in regular diet.
- Herbs like chamomile, peppermint, shizandra berries, Siberian ginseng root and others can also be beneficial for their health.
- Give green tea occasionally to elderly people with immunity disorders for regular detox functioning.
The professionals offering elderly home care Canada therefore go through special training to maintain health monitoring, cleanliness and hygiene regulations to prevent diseases and complications due to present disorders if any. The other members in the house should also ensure to keep the house clean and do not enter the room in dirty clothes.